Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, July 24, 2006

Thai

I went out to dinner tonight with the Stordahls to a little hole-in-the-wall Thai place downtown. I had green curry chicken. It was delicious, although their "medium" spicy was hot enough that I would hate to try something "spicy". We had egg rolls for appetizers too, and they were very good - crispy on the outside, piping hot and juicy on the inside. Yum.

You know, I thought that in this impersonal society "The Usual" was dead. When have you ever gone into a restaurant and ordered "the usual"? Well, Adam did tonight. . .not in those words, but the waitress came up and said, "You want the green curry chicken with steamed rice and a pepsi, right?" (Apparently he goes there for lunch often and always has the same thing!) Cool.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is a really cool Thai restaurant here as well, and Christina likes to go there for lunch. And she always orders this Thai beverage called 'Lipovitan D', or 'Lipo' for people in the know, so that all the waitresses there know. And green curry is probably my favorite Thai curry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home