Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, July 03, 2006

4th O'July Strawberries

I found this recipe in Martha Stewart Living. I have only altered the presentation.

1 pint strawberries
6 ounces cream cheese(room temp)
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Clean strawberries, hollow out top with a melon baller, and cut the tip off so it can sit up by itself. Place the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in mixing bowl. Whip with electric mixer until fluffy, 2 to 4 minutes. Pipe cream cheese mixture into strawberries and put a blueberry on top.

Enjoy.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    Love it! I think we'll try these. How can one resist cream cheese and vanilla??

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    YES, Ains, you should try them. They taste just like a little one-bite strawberry cheesecake.

    Amanda, do we have any pictures of these?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home