Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Thursday links

I could totally teach Cache how to do this!

Amanda sent me this link a while back, but I didn't have room to post it. It is too funny. I, personally, am thinking of ordering the Akh 500 Sports Edition Mummy Case.

This hand art is pretty cool. My favorite is the elephant.

Ipod news: Introducing the new Nano iPod!!

This guy deserves a job just for his creativity. I know some people that could use this sort of innovative thinking. (hat tip: Every Blog Needs a Title)

Attention Metallica fans. And I'm not talking about you lame-o's that jumped on the "Load Wagon".

The British are way too serious. By the way, you are not allowed to laugh at this article.

This friend tester website is pretty fun. You can create your own quiz for your friends to take to see how well they know you. If you want to see a sample one, I threw a short one together. (hat tip: Bored.com)

Google maps is posting the latest satellite images of New Orleans. Just click on the red 'Katrina' button in the upper right hand corner.

Geek news: Mazda Replaces Keys with USB Drive

Melodee says:
Your second link reminded me of a "commercial" I wrote for an assignment when I was in elementary school:

Want To Be Preserved Well?
Come see the Mummiefiers!
Just sign up now
and you will be preserved
PERFECTLY
at the time of your death.
THE PRICE? Just 3 bushels of figs, just 3 bushels!
And, on top of that we’ll throw in a decorated casket FREE,
absolutely FREE.
REMEMBER, come see the Mummiefiers!
223 Flood Area Rd.
Sale ends at the begining of the Inundation.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    I got 89% on your quiz thingy. Thanks for the entertaining links, I haven't read them all yet, but I will eventually. ;-)

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Nice job! Better then Amanda did!

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    I got 89% too. I only missed one - I said you weren't a football manager. I hadn't heard that one before!

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Lol...I got a humiliating 56%. I kept psyching myself out: "Well, I think she has a Computer Science degree, but software engineering sounds better."

    dumb. :)

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    I missed the same one Melodee!

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Having spent a good amount of my time on a skateboard myself, I really enjoyed the first link. So cool. And the one about Metallica. But I thought the S&M album was pretty good. It actually got me listening to their older stuff a lot more again.

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Melodee, you've totally convinced me...I want that FREE decorated casket! If only I had some figs.

    I thought the Metallica thing was hilarious, even though I'm one that's jumped on the bandwagon. I think I've only heard like two songs. :-O

     

Post a Comment

<< Home