Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Last First Day

Well, ladies, today is my last first day of school as an undergraduate. I have now had 7 first days at this school. . .and I was certainly the least prepared for #7. I went to school this morning to

a) Sign up for a class (yes, the day school starts). It's an independent study, so I had to get all these forms from the instructor (he filled them out with a typewriter) and take them to the admin building, etc. etc.

b) Get my parking permit. Mint green, this year.

c) Get a Fall 2005 sticker for my student ID. Dark blue.

d) Buy books. Two half inch spiral bound and one quarter inch paperback for *drumroll* ONLY $116!!! What a steal! Pun intended. (Silver lining: that's at least $200 less than it could be, thanks to friends, the Parmly Billings Library, and Amazon.com.)

e) Attend class. Day one of Musics of the World. Not much to report.

That was my agenda. Added bonuses were seeing friends and eating free buttery, salty popcorn in the SUB.

Now, I know you are all gloating that you don't have to go to school anymore (all but Brooke, who is still in my boat!), but just reflect, people. It's the middle of the day and I'm blogging. Andrea, you can take the "poor slob workforce" tag off my profile name now :)

Amanda says...
I was going to write a "back to school post" for you and Brooke and Sarah, but it's a good thing you beat me to it. I think it would've been mostly gloating. ;-)

Who's teaching Musics of the World?

Aiyaiyai, $116 for three books...sorry. That is the # 1 thing I DON'T miss about school. Well, maybe # 2 or # 3. Homework and going to classes that I didn't really care about would be at the top of the list. (Um, and of course I tried to avoid both of those as much as possible.)

I hope you have a rewarding last semester as an undergrad...then on to Scotland!!!

Andrea is confused...
Posted by Melodee?? Who is this Melodee?

Just kidding, buddy. It's good to have you back in the blogosphere. Now it's TRP's turn!! (by the way, I updated your profile tag)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home