Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Roadtrip highlights

Re: Andrea's post and picture: Poor James J. Walker...All those mouths to feed and his rightful means of support taken right out of his hand by his nasty twin copper king brother! What a tragedy! Here's my short list of highlights from the trip:


  • Washing my hair in Canyon Ferry lake. Probably illegal, but hopefully I didn't kill too much wildlife. . .
  • The spectacular Gates of the Mountains boat tour. The weather was so perfect and the view was incredible.
  • Creeping up the darkened back stairs of the capitol building to find our way to the senate chamber.
  • Dozing on the Capitol lawn.
  • Playing "Guess that tune" with the XM radio.
  • Playing Scategories with the Rocchios.
  • The BEST s'more EVER. period. Have you ever had a s'more where the chocolate was so melted that it was dripping everywhere? Wow.
  • The stage coach ride, play, and infamous photo in Virginia City.
  • Saturday night's culinary adventures - ramen cooked on my backpacker's stove in the motel room, pepper jack cheese, goldfish, and Gewurztraminer. Amanda and I topped it off with coffee and pie at the Ennis Cafe before watching the sunset from the shores of Ennis Lake.
  • Worshiping at Gallatin Valley Presbyterian Church on Sunday Morning.

One of the best pictures I got was taken by Mr. Front Street Market. . . He was a hoot, and he took a good picture, too:

By the way, Andrea, I really like the way my sap and flowers turned out on your camera!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Thanks for posting this, Melodee! That was the coolest restaurant - a great lunch with only a couple soup/salad/sandwich options (nice for those of us who don't like making decisions), tons of ethnic food to buy (too many decisions!), and a well-stocked wine cellar. And where else would the owner (?) ask if we wanted him to take our picture on the front steps?

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    By the way, it's pretty funny if you compare this picture to the one below. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home