Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, July 08, 2005

We all could use more time

Check it out! We get an extra second in 2005. Sweet!! I never knew there was such a thing as a leap-second.
This article cracks me up. I didn't realize that jobs like this existed. I wonder how they get their funding (I'm praying that it's not my tax dollars). Maybe I should go to work for The International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service or maybe I could apply to be Chief of the Time and Frequency Division at the U.S. National Institution of Standards and Technology. How would you like THAT on you business card? You'd have to use size 2 font...

Amanda says...
I really liked the headline: "Take Your Time..." Now I have an *ahem* good reason not to rush for anything!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    Wow, quite interesting.

    I was just sitting here wondering how Andrea and Amanda always seem to find such bizarre and seemingly random articles and websites as that. Last night I found an interesting article about child neglect and enmeshment...but that is only because I went looking for it. Do you guys search for random things like gaining a second...or what??

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Well, usually I find something by accident while googling, or else I hear about it in the goodexperience.com newsletter. Check out this site that I found on a homeschool blog: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/AfricanSavanna/ A baby cheetah walked in front of the cam just as I looked at it. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home