Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, June 03, 2005

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps

I watched Strictly Ballroom again with the Mattson's on Wednesday. It's a pretty cute show. My favorite scene is one where Scott and Fran are dancing backstage during a dance competition(I think they are doing the rumba) and they are kind of silhouetted against the curtain. It's great. What also makes the scene so great is the song that they are dancing to - Doris Day singing "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps". I've had it stuck in my head ever since. So, I came in this morning and found a sweet deal on Ebay of the soundtrack to the movie. Until I get it in the mail, I have to rely on just this tiny audio clip. So, I thought I'd share my excitement with y'all.



Melodee says:

I'm glad you gave the movie another chance. It is very silly, but delightfully so. I love it. I'll have to come over and listen to the soundtrack when it comes!

Brooke says:

Am I allowed to watch this movie yet?

Melodee says:

Nope ;) I purposely didn't watch the whole thing on Wednesday, because I was "saving up" to watch it with you. So let's do it!

Amanda says...

Hey! Me, too?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home