Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, April 22, 2005

Dominant Intelligences...





Your Dominant Intelligence is Logical-Mathematical Intelligence





You are great at finding patterns and relationships between things.
Always curious about how things work, you love to set up experiments.
You need for the world to make sense - and are good at making sense of it.
You have a head for numbers and math ... and you can solve almost any logic puzzle.

You would make a great scientist, engineer, computer programmer, researcher, accountant, or mathematician.




One of my professors has talked about multiple intelligences many times, so I found this very interesting. Sadly, I had already guessed that I was strongest in the Logical-Mathematical area. I'm not sure I like that fact though -- it sort of tells me I should have picked a completely different major. Too late now. ;-)

Melodee says:

That one was more fun/thorough than some of the others. I don't think anyone will be too surprised that Shakespeare is in my picture! :) I don't know about the "master of creative phrasing" part though. . .





Your Dominant Intelligence is Linguistic Intelligence



You are excellent with words and language. You explain yourself well.
An elegant speaker, you can converse well with anyone on the fly.
You are also good at remembering information and convicing someone of your point of view.
A master of creative phrasing and unique words, you enjoy expanding your vocabulary.

You would make a fantastic poet, journalist, writer, teacher, lawyer, politician, or translator.


Brooke says:

Supposedly my dominant intelligence is the same as Melodee's. It's not. Even though i enjoy expanding my vocabulary i would take no pleasure in being a poet, lawyer, jounalist, etc.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, girls...
    This is a possible hoax.

    If I came up dominant as linguistic intelligence and Melodee came up as linguistic intelligence, something must be wrong.

    I can only dream of doing Latin in subjunctive mood passive voice and speaking fluent Spanish. (I may need a Random Mind to help me this summer.) I can only dream of writing--writing anything. I can only dream of speaking "elegantly."

    But praise the Lord, the leopard can change its spots. Ten years ago, I made one score and now I score another. In Christ, pegs aren't permanent and growth is gradual. Check out your score at:

    http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

    AmyLav

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Amy, that test was really interesting. It made me realize I still have a lot of growing to do in some areas - being more involved and expressive with other people, for one. (But at least I'm not "painfully shy" anymore, as Melodee called it! :) Thanks to you girls, really...that and God stretching me, in a good way, through lots of situations.)

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    I can only dream of analyzing, synthesizing, organizing, motivating, and administering like my big sister...

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Annie, we must truly be kindred spirits. I'm logical and mathematical too. Maybe that has to do with us being the only "non-obsessed" people around here, huh? *wink*

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    I think you must be right Andrea. ;-)

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Rachel Schaner said…

    My dominant intelligence is Spatial, "You've got a good sense of space and how the world around you looks. You can close your eyes and "see" images. You have innate artistic talent.

    You would make a good navigator, sculptor, visual artist, inventor, architect, interior designer, or engineer."
    a navigator? engineer? wierd.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Wow, Ra, that's pretty impressive. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home