Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, October 02, 2006

"The Most Futile Thing on Earth"

Or, 5- and 6-year-olds playing soccer. :) But it was fun watching them all crowd around the ball and frequently trip over each other. Ian's team got four goals in the last five minutes, after about an hour-long game...



Afterwards we went to the Farmer's Market to get green beans and pumpkins and gourds for the table - sometime when I'm not feeling so lazy, I'll upload them!

edit: lol...excuse me, I will upload photos, not the vegetables.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Thanks...it just wasn't long enough!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Brooke said…

    i know this is late and on the wrong post but one book i wish was never written is As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

     
  • At 1:35 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Ditto, Brooke.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home