Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Evening Tea

My sister-in-law has been cooking incredible food for us for the last week. She told us, though, that last night would be the show-stopper, and she was right. She made this incredible Tuscan Chicken recipe. The chicken is formed into crab-cake-like things and served on a bed of greens with a tomato relish. I'll try to get a recipe for you soon. This picture doesn't do it justice.



Also, every day we've been getting homemade rolls like this. Talk about getting spoiled!


Our nightly practice is to pile on the couch and floor and watch 24 after Olivia goes to bed. We are deep into Season 3. Last night our guest Jonathan prepared the tea and set out the fine china. We also ate a carton of Ben & Jerry's. Fun times.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    mmm, those rolls look delicious!

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! It all looks scrumptuous! Very artistic pictures, too.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your sister-in-law has good taste!

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, yum. That's stuff we can only dream of at the moment. I taught myself how to make homemade biscuits, because you can't buy them in Germany, so we could have biscuits and gravy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home