Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, June 13, 2005

Not guilty on all counts

Amanda, you owe me a buck...

Amanda says...

Well, I should have been right! :-P I guess you guys are better judges of human nature than I am. (Although I'm the one that just read To Kill a Mockingbird - this is like that, only in reverse!)

Note: I should add that I didn't follow the trial very closely at all, so my expectation for a guilty verdict is based on everything I heard about before; but I guess there is also the possibility that he really wasn't guilty of what he was being accused of, so perhaps my opinion should be less adamant!

Andrea says...
I should also note that I didn't follow the trial at all either. I am just the pessimist that always expects the worst outcomes in every situation. So, now the question is: Was this the worst outcome? Is this a success or a failure in the history of our American judicial system? What do you guys think?

3 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    YES! We were right! I knew you would win, I should have bet too. ;-)

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Molly said…

    GASP! I can't believe you had money riding on the Jackson trial!

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    HORRIBLE, aren't we??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home