Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Prayer for the Schindler Family

My heart goes out to the Schindler family as they grieve the loss of their beloved daughter. I love this excerpt from the Puritan prayer, "Valley of Vision". My prayer is that this rings true for Terri's family.

"Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells, and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine; let me find Thy light in my darkness, Thy life in my death, Thy joy in my sorrow, Thy grace in my sin, Thy riches in my poverty, Thy glory in my valley."

3 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Amen

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    I froze today when I realized that she died. I just sat there, I don't even know if I was thinking about anything. Or maybe I was thinking about too many things to describe. My prayers will be with her family.

    (btw, hi girls...)

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey girls,

    I thought the idea of a group blog was that there would be lots of posts, having it divided up between the three of you. So here I've been waiting in breathless anticipation of the "conversation," and all we have is about five posts to show for it? How long do I have to wait?

    By the way, with a group blog, you should do it the way "The Corner" does it on National Review Online. Rather than you all discussing in the "comments" section, just each post your comments in new blog posts, so it can just be a running conversation one can read without having to look at the comments sections. Just a suggestion.

    Just kind of waiting for "Kindred Spirits" to really get kicked off.

    -Rooster

    P.S. I don't like the pink!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home