Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hooray!

I'm so excited to have our own blog - Andrea really got me psyched about it yesterday. :) Hey, now we have a place to post all our yahoo messenger artwork... Melodee, you should have seen our "plans" for your luau. They were brilliant!

OK, I have nothing too exciting to post. But I watched a little bit of Lonsome Dove last night, and, since we're going to be romantic (?!) on this blog, I must say...what did any girl see in Jake Spoon to begin with? The man has about as much charm as pig. (No, not that much - Gus's pigs are pretty cute.) I can imagine how bad it would smell sharing a tent with him! Of course, none of those guys were very clean, but they at least worked hard...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Excuse me? Since when did Augustus McCrae ever work hard? Remember, since Woodrow does more work than he has to, it is Gus's obligation to do less. :)

    As regards Jake Spoon, however, we are in full agreement. Ugh.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    OK, good point, Melodee. For the record, I was not including Gus in "they" - I doubt that man could break a sweat if he tried. And he (and also Dish, for that matter) would probably clean up before visiting a lady, anyhow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home