Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Terri

I just saw the post at The Banty Rooster about Terry Schiavo. I knew, short of a miracle of intervention, she was going to die soon. But it still horrifies me down to the pit of my stomach: America just became a place where a person can be legally starved to death. When I think how hungry I get skipping one single meal, I can't even imagine going 13 days without food.

The last couple weeks, as I've been praying about this situation, this verse came to mind over and over: "I am the resurrection and the life." Death seems to loom dark just now - this decision didn't just affect Terri, but all of us. But it's hit home like never before how Christ is my only hope in life and death; that if I have been crucified with Christ, I will be raised with him. Suddenly the resurrection seems powerfully real.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home