Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Soup, Soup, Soup

Last week I had the urge to go to Barnes & Noble, which always ends with me being lighter in the pocket than I plan to be. This time one of my unplanned purchases(sounds sooo much better than impulse buy) ended up being a cookbook titled The Ultimate Soup Cookbook for only $14.95. It boasted over 450 soup recipes so I figured there must be at least 2 good recipes in this book(rationalization behind unplanned purchase). This book turned out to be a great purchase. It tells you everthing you could possibly ever need to know about soup. It even goes so far as to describe all the qualities of every kind of lentil there is. Which is great cause I like to read.
For my next post I will share my thoughts on soup stock and the recipes I have attempted so far.
Cheerio

4 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    I love soup! Sounds great.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brooke:

    Great to see a new posting...always enjoy those about cooking and food. Look forward to learning more about stock. Sharon

     
  • At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you're into books and like fantasy, may I suggest one to try? I think Barnes and Noble carry it. "Outcasts Of Skagaray" by Andrew Clarke. It might be the just what you like! Try a sample by reading the excerpts on www.threeswans.com.au Happy reading. I love it myself.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Whoa, I should get a blogreader. This is sad that I'm reading this TWO MONTHS after you posted it, and all this time I've been thinking KS is dead.

    When can I come over for soup?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home